We are looking for GREAT volunteers to join us in our Kids ministries. Please consider partnering with us to make an impact and grow the future generations at Dallas Bible. Every Sunday morning, we utilize greeters, teachers, and classroom helpers to make sure our children are cared for well.
All volunteers will need to complete the following before being scheduled to serve:
- background check
- volunteer application
- childcare protection policies and procedures
- discipline policies and procedures
For the health and safety of our kids, their families, and our volunteers/staff members, Family Ministry has set COVID Guidelines to be adhered to while children are on our campus:
- RSVP is required for children.
- We will start off with children’s programming only during the 9:00am hour and build on that, targeting the first Sunday of December.
- We may need to combine some ages at first due to smaller class RSVP sizes – Red Room 135 for babies, Yellow Room 139 for toddlers/2s and Green Room 136 for 3s to prek 5s.
- Masks are required for staff, volunteers, etc., and children aged kindergarten through youth. Masks for preschoolers is at the discretion of parents.
- Temperature screening for all staff, volunteers, and kids, with COVID screening questions asked.
- Programming adjusted for social distancing (numbers from RSVPs; X spots for preschool worship)
- Clean hands and clean classrooms prioritized. All toys played with will be left out on tables to be sanitized.
To serve in the Kids Jr. (birth - 5-years-old) or Kids (K - 5th grade) ministries, please submit the Next Step interest form and a member of the DBC staff will be in touch. Lists of volunteer roles for Family Ministry department are available below.
Kids Jr. Volunteer Roles
- Service Coordinator Are you gifted in administrative areas or love to help coordinate moving parts? This could be an ideal place for you! A service coordinator helps with ensuring that Sunday morning runs smoothly! They will check in with teachers and help make sure that each group has what they need and is on schedule. They will help maintain ratios in classrooms in order to ensure the safety of the kids: this may look like asking a parent to serve or moving other volunteers around where the heavier need may be. They will also be looking to identify potential volunteers and actively recruiting them to fill team member rolls.
- Small Group Leader (SGL) Connecting and creating a relationship with kids helps show them the relational character of Jesus. A SGLs main role is to cultivate a relationship with the kids through consistent attendance and fun! For 2s through 5s, the main lesson will be taught through video Bible story content, but the SGL will help the kids engage in the lesson and will walk through pre-lesson activities, crafts and after-lesson activities to help reinforce the story or monthly bottom line. For the under 2s, the SGL will build a relationship with parents at drop-off and pick-up, while also facilitating possible simple lessons and crafts. Being a SGL is a unique opportunity to set the tone in a classroom of care, reinforcing the Bible story, and shepherding young hearts so that they are receptive to accepting Jesus as their Lord and Savior by learning what it means to follow/love Him.
- Assistant Small Group Leader (ASGL) ASGLs support the SGL in the context of the classroom, assisting them with the above responsibilities.
- Worship Leader Kids love to move and sing so we incorporate singing in our large group time to get them prepared to hear the Word and learn truths about God. The Worship Leader guides the kids, while worshiping, dancing and doing the motions to our monthly worship song video. The leader will also use the scripture memory verse video to help our children memorize God’s word, thus hiding it in their hearts. The last element is showing the Bible story video for each age group and ending in prayer.
- Floater Aren’t sure you have the capacity in your schedule to volunteer on a regular basis or aren’t sure what role you want? We would love to add you to our floater list of volunteers who are able to be plugged in when needed so each child has an amazing experience!
Kids Volunteer Roles
- Service Coordinator Are you gifted in administrative areas or love to help coordinate moving parts? This could be an ideal place for you! A service coordinator helps with ensuring that Sunday morning runs smoothly! They will check in with teachers and help make sure that each group has what they need and is on schedule!
- Small Group Leader (classroom) Connecting and creating a relationship with kids helps show them the relational character of Jesus. The Small Group Leader’s main role is to cultivate a relationship with the kids through consistent attendance and fun! The main lesson will be taught by the Large Group Leader, but the small group leader will answer large group follow-up questions, walk through prayer requests, and engage kids in activities that supplement the lesson. Being a small group leader is a unique opportunity to share the gospel and help shepherd young brothers and sisters in Christ.
- Large Group/Teaching Leader Large Group Leaders get the exciting task of bringing scripture to life and sharing it with the next generation! Engage with kids as you recount stories of God's faithfulness and mercy to us all. We want to point them to the cross each week and show them that each story that we have shows his loving promise of sending Jesus. God gave us his Word because he wants to speak to us. By sharing His stories we can point them to the cross each week.
- Activity Leader In addition to songs, bible stories and crafts, the kids will also participate in high-energy activities that help with gross motor skills and cooperation! This volunteer role would be wonderful for someone who loves to lead or coach and will be able to oversee a high-energy space while still connecting with kids.
- Music Leader Kids love to move and sing so we incorporate singing in our large group time to get them prepared to hear the word and learn truths about God. The Music Leader guides kids in worshiping, dancing, and doing motions to songs. We have a huge library of songs and are excited for you to bring them to life!
- Floater Aren’t sure you have the capacity in your schedule or aren’t sure what role you want? We would love to add you to our floater list so that we can plug in and make sure each child has an amazing experience!
General Family Ministry Volunteer Roles
- Check In The first impression a child and their families have coming on campus really sets the tone for the morning or event. We are looking for positive and welcoming volunteers to help check in and greet our families each week so that our families feel connected to DBC from the moment they set foot on campus.
- Weekday Prep The success of Sunday morning worship gatherings or any Family Ministry event depends on the hours of preparation that happens beforehand. We could use your help cutting out craft supplies, preparing equipment, printing/copying, and various other administrative duties that can be done here or from home.