Your children are a gift from God – and at Dallas Bible, we want to walk alongside you to ensure you have the care and support needed to raise children who know, love, and enjoy serving God. Utilizing both large group and small group formats, our Family Ministry provides an opportunity where biblical truth can be absorbed and life-long relationships can be formed.
We focus on:
- Awakening wonder in a safe and positive environment.
- Getting connected and exploring faith.
- Developing a passion for the gospel and their purpose in Christ
Kids Jr (Birth through Pre-K)
Children absorb everything and know when they're loved, so we're passionate about starting early to communicate God's perfect love and grace He's made available to all.
Our curriculum, Orange, offers creative, engaging lessons aimed at teaching preschoolers that "God Made Me," "God Loves Me," and "Jesus Wants to Be My Friend Forever."
Kids (Kinder through 5th Grade)
We want to partner with you as you try to raise children that will love Jesus and enjoy following Him for a lifetime. So, while you're always encouraged to bring your children with you as you worship, we provide a safe and age appropriate worship experience for kids.
As kids grow, we realize they go through different phases both in how they absorb information and how they relate to the world around them. Because of this, we have split our elementary kids into two groups: Kindergarten - 3rd graders and UpTown Kids (4th and 5th graders). This allows a great transition to middle school in 6th grade which is in the youth building. Our aim to help your child
- Engaging your faith”
- Making wiser choices — “make wise choices.”
- Building stronger relationships — “build strong relationships.”
- Developing a deeper faith — “develop genuine love for Jesus.”
Sundays at 9:00am & 10:45am
Small Group - Classroom Setting
- Kids are dropped off in their classrooms where they are greeted by a small group leader (SGL). These amazing volunteers are dedicated and focused on engaging and getting to know your child so they can both encourage and pray for them as they meet and walk with Jesus. After large group time, the kids will transition back to their small group so that they can discuss what the lesson was about, play games and pray together.
Large Group – Worship Setting
- A large group, dynamic, Bible-learning environment that integrates biblical teaching with live storytelling, music, games and creativity, all in a relational setting. Kids learn what corporate worship looks like and get to participate in a worship service that is age appropriate. We have dedicated teaching volunteers who bring the word to life for kids. Kids are never too young to learn all the ways that we worship our King!
Check-in / Check-Out
Our goal is to provide a caring, safe, and organized church home for children and their parents. Before entering the DBC Kids hallway, you will be asked to fill out a visitor card, a name tag, and a guardian tag. This is where you provide us with information that is vital to your child’s care (such as allergies, special needs, etc.). This takes only a few minutes and can be done at the any of our check-in kiosks. Our check in team will be there to walk you through the process. When picking up children after worship, parents will need to show their guardian tag before entering the kid's ministry hallway.
Family Sundays are an opportunity for all of us to come together throughout the year as a community of believers, obeying our biblical mandate to meet as a church body. On these designated Sundays parents are encouraged to have their elementary-aged children and older join them in their Sunday Morning Group, in the worship service, or in a volunteer position that morning. Children can volunteer with their parents in their regularly scheduled service ministry or visit the Next Steps Desk for kid-appropriate opportunities.
Check our Events page for upcoming Family Sundays
What is Parent/Child Dedication?
- Parent/Child Dedication is a special time during a service in which you as a parent make a formal commitment to raise your child in a Christ-centered home. We see several examples in the Bible such as I Samuel 1:24 – 2:10 when Hannah dedicated Samuel at the temple and Luke 2 where Mary and Joseph dedicated Jesus. During the service you will be asked to make a public pledge before the congregation that you will raise your child to know, love and follow Jesus Christ. God designed the home as the primary place for faith to be nurtured. One way that we seek to partner with you is by providing resources throughout your child’s spiritual journey.
The Parent’s Commitment
- Parent/Child Dedication is yourcommitment to model, teach and reinforce the Christian Faith. It should not be confused with your child’s personal choice to follow Christ. We believe the Bible clearly teaches that each person must decide for themselves to trust in Jesus Christ as both Savior and Lord (Romans 10:9-10). The age a child is ready to make this personal decision will vary depending on the child.
The Church’s Commitment
- Parent/Child Dedication is also a time for the church to commit to walk alongside you as you point your child toward Christ.
When is Parent/Child Dedication?
- Parent/Child Dedication is the second Sunday in May and the second Sunday in November at the beginning of the 10:45 am service. You can learn more and register through our Events page
Interested in Serving?
We believe that everyone is given unique spiritual gifts and abilities to help strengthen the church and deepen our relationship with God. There are many ways to invest relationally and help the kids at Dallas Bible learn to love all and help all follow Jesus. No service is too great or too small as we equip our bothers and sisters in Christ to continue the faith.
Take this Next Step and start serving in our Family Ministries!