We’re in a new series called “Foundations” which builds off of Jesus’ metaphor in Matt 7: “A house built on sand will never be able to stand BUT a house that’s built on the rock will never be able to fall.”
Practicing Compassion - Day 1
This week, we’ll be practicing the act of compassion. Dallas Bible Church partners with Compassion International to mobilize our body in helping to release children from poverty in Jesus' name. This mobilization involves encouraging individual monthly sponsorships and organizing annual mission trips to minister to the kids we sponsor.
In April 2021, DBC began to partner with Compassion as we took on sponsorships for 100+ kids! Today, let’s pray for those 100+ kids and families.
Set aside 10 minutes and join us in these prayers:
- Holy God, thank you for the lives of these precious children. They are made in your image and have your likeness within them. They are a gift to this world. Let us honor them in the way we speak and think about them.
- Father, we pray for the very real needs of these kids and their families - spiritual, emotional, physical needs. Meet them in generous and abundant ways.
- Lord, make your Son Jesus beautiful to these kids. May they come to trust in Jesus soon, at a young age, and love Him and serve Him their entire lives.
- God, what is it that you want to teach us as we give monetarily to these kids and families? Make this not about us or our fame; make it about your fame. Transform us as we serve you faithfully. Remind us that you want, more than anything, for us to be like your Son Jesus.
- Father, would you fill us with compassion? Not just for the kids we sponsor, but for the world? Would you make us like Jesus, who wept over human sorrow because of His deep empathy? Give us the heart of the Father toward those in need.
Published on 09-27-2021 @ 4:12 AM CDT